Anyone into Masterchef?

Hmmmmm yummy food. Share away :-)

Moderator: SoF HQ

Anyone into Masterchef?

Postby ScrapHappy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi girls!

Just thought I'd ask whether anyone is a watcher of Masterchef? :roll:

I was given a book voucher for my birthday and I bought Masterchef Gary Mehigan's book "Comfort Food". I have really enjoyed it so far, I've made three things out of it and I was thrilled with the results. I can now make pancakes that are every bit as good as the ones you get in pancake restaurants thanks to Gary's recipe for Ricotta Pancakes. I also made Semolina Gnocchi with Gorgonzola (had never cooked with semolina, this was so amazingly creamy).

Has anyone else been inspired by Masterchef, or bought Gary's book? Would love to hear :D :D
I'm Tracey from Sydney, married to Cameron and mum to Andrew (17) and Claire (13).
ScrapHappy

Re: Anyone into Masterchef?

Postby Marion » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:30 pm

I love masterchef too Tracey. I watch it whenever I can and try out some of the ideas sometimes. I also have Julie Goodwins book, and bought the first magazine. I enjoy trying different recipes.
Marion
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
Marion

Postby Gayle » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Nope not me...when I flick the channel and any cooking shows come on I quickly turn it over :)
I don't enjoy cooking meals..but I do LOVE baking treats :)
**Gayle**
Scrapbooking Blog - http://gayles-scrapbooking.blogspot.com
Gayle

Postby miss~nance » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

I LOVE MAsterchef, it's the only show I have to watch every night or get John to record it if I am not home.

Royce & I have tried a few recipes - well our versions of. The Meatball lasagne was lovely as was the Roast crown of chicken. Royce also attempted a chicken sausage after seeing Stephanie Alexanders duck neck sausage, that wasn't such a great success.

I am a bit over some of the contestants and have been very dissappointed in a few of the eliminations - but thats the way it is.

I dont have any of the cook books but have them at work that I look at every now and then.
miss~nance

Postby Scrapper 25 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Unfortuately haven't had a chance to really get in and watch the series this time, although i did get to see an episode the other night where they cooked on an Ocean Liner. I haven't really made any of the recipes, although the business this year has at least had me using my Slow cooker more. Have found some awesome slow cooker packet mixes, which makes cooking so much easier. The highlight though is walking through the door from work and smelling the fragrance of food wafting through the house.
Karen
A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13

Blogging here http://lathamsnews.blogspot.com/
and http://karenleighphotoaday.blogspot.com/
Scrapper 25

Return to Recipe Shares