Mexican Lasagne

Hmmmmm yummy food. Share away :-)

Moderator: SoF HQ

Mexican Lasagne

Postby jakey » Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm

You know how sometimes you surprise yourself with a recipe that is totally made up but worked out fantastic? 8-) Well last week I made a Mexican Lasagne. I had seen a recipe for one somewhere, but couldn't remember where and when I googled it I didn't have half the ingredients they asked for (guacamole etc), so I made one up and it turned out delicious (a fluke!) so I thought I'd share it here.

I love lasagne, but do usually make it with the cheese sauce layered all through, so this one is probably a bit better for you, plus it's heaps quicker to make. Note that the only thing mexican about it is the sour cream and salsa part, so it's probably not authentic 'mexican'. :lol: :lol:

The rough recipe that I did was this:

Make up your mince. (I use about 1kg of mince, cook in frying pan, then mix 1 large jar of bought pasta sauce into it. if you check labels there is always one with just veggies in it and no extra rubbish. You can of course add extra vegies to your mince as desired - I have a friend that grates eggplant and zuccini into her bolognaise mince and its yum).

Place lasagne sheets on bottom of dish. Spread half of mince over. Grate a little cheese over the mince (optional) and then put another layer of lasagne sheets. Spread half a jar of Salsa over the lasagne sheets, then spread over the rest of the mince. More grated cheese if desired. Put one last layer of lasagne sheets over the mince/cheese. Spread rest of salsa over the lasagne sheets. Spread Sour Cream over the salsa (it does mix in a bit) then sprinkle grated cheese over entire dish.

Bake in oven. (Mine takes about 30 to 45 mins).

I couldn't believe how yummy this turned out, while so simple and easy. You could adjust the cheese level to suit, and I use mild salsa but if you like it spicy then get the hot.

Enjoy! :D
Sarah.
married with 4 boys :)

*Rejoice in the Lord always*
jakey

Re: Mexican Lasagne

Postby ScrapHappy » Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Yummo - will give that one a try for sure!!! :D
I'm Tracey from Sydney, married to Cameron and mum to Andrew (17) and Claire (13).
ScrapHappy

Return to Recipe Shares