Nat's Cupcake Recipe:)

Hmmmmm yummy food. Share away :-)

Moderator: SoF HQ

Nat's Cupcake Recipe:)

Postby Gayle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am

Preheat oven to 180 deg.
You can use Muffin pans (20 min baking time) Cupcake pans 15 mins, or Mini's about 10mins.

In a med sized bowl:

150g softened butter - room temp
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups SR Flour
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
dash of vanilla extract

Beat until changed colour. Spoon them into patty cases in your muffin tray about 2/3 full. This gives them a slightly raised top - or adjust to suit how you like your cupcakes. I think this will make 12-15 cupcakes.

And bake as above.

Make a buttercream icing and pipe or spread on top and decorate as you fancy.

The buttercream icing I used was unsalted butter wuth a ratio of 1:4 to icing sugar. So say you use 125g butter to 500g which will probably ice about 24-30 cupcakes....for a bigger or smaller batch adjust accordingly, you may need to add some milk too to make it smooth enough to pipe if you want to pipe it.
Whip the butter until smooth and then add in your icing sugar till I get the consistency I want! Left over icing you can just cover of keep in the fridge.

In regards to the temp and cooking time, it depends how 'white' you like your cupcake tops....the whiter usually looks best with piped icing....I think I turned my oven down to 160 deg (its fan forced) and cooked them in standard cupcake patties for 15 mins.
Gayle

Re: Nat's Cupcake Recipe:)

Postby NishaM » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:43 pm

sigh! I am on a diet LOL!
NishaM

Postby lusi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 pm

G, thanks so much for posting our lovely Natti's cupcake recipe - I meant to come by and say thanks before this! I printed off the recipe last Tuesday as 13 kids made their way to my house for Stassi's 7th birthday mother's group get together. I think they turned out so well! They are the second and third last photos in a blog post from last week: http://homeschoolingmamalusi.blogspot.c ... stuff.html in case anyone wants to see them. Just quietly - i was chuffed that they were *safe* for all the kids in our group and that they looked and tasted so yummy! Thanks Gayle, thanks Nat!
Love Lus x
Lusi

'As for me and my household, we will serve Yehovah' - Joshua 24:15

Blogging at: http://homeschoolingmamalusi.blogspot.com/
lusi

Postby lusi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 am

Nat, Stass has made your cupcake recipe twice now on her own and one of today's homeschool activities is for her to write it out in her own recipe book. She was so pleased with the last lot and took them to mother's group last week to share. Just wanted to tell you how much she has loved it because it is so easy and quick to make. Gayle, thanks so much for sharing it with us again :)
Love Lus x
Lusi

'As for me and my household, we will serve Yehovah' - Joshua 24:15

Blogging at: http://homeschoolingmamalusi.blogspot.com/
lusi

Postby Nat » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 am

Lusi, that's great! I didn't realise it would be *safe*!! Awesome!! I made a batch for Eli's b'day tomorrow and we coloured them green and blue and marbled it - looks awesome!! Will have to take a pic after I've bitten into it tomorrow!
Married to Greg and blessed with 3 little monkey... er angels... Jaidyn (8.5), Elijah (3) and Lani (2).
Nat

Postby KatieT » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:58 pm

oooh i'm glad this got posted again. i lost the one i'd coppied out.
KatieT

Return to Recipe Shares